Thursday, December 1, 2011

Tree stamp

Like you, I like to buy stamps that can be used for more that one occasion. This Hero Arts tree stamp is a perfect example of this. I used it at Halloween to make the orange card and now here is the winter version using the same stamp:This is just the trees stamped with Versamark ink, then heat embossed with white powder. After that, I just used blue distress ink over the top. The embossed trees will resist the distress ink--one of my all time favorite techniques. The sentiment is from the Christmas Penny Black set. Glitter compliments of Miss Martha of course :-)
The shape of the sentiment section was done using a Tim Holtz edge die and I just cut one side off to make it fit flush along the edge.
Stay tuned because I have a feeling you'll be seeing this stamp again.....possibly for spring??!
2leep.com