Monday, July 5, 2010

Make your own beautiful flowers

Wanted to share with you this card using a flower making-technique that is so easy--you'll be amazed!!
Here's the completed project: You'll need thin paper to make these, versus cardstock. I used some pages from an old book. Using a 2" scallop punch, punch out 8 scallops.
Ink up the edges and insides a bit. I used Tim Holtz distress ink, Brushed Corduroy.


Put all 8 in a stack. Attach them all together in the middle with a brad. Then, one layer at a time, start scrunching up your scallops. This is why paper works, not cardstock. Here's the first layer:

This is 3 or 4 layers later. No real science to this, just crumple up toward the center.




I felt like the flower needed something to sit on, so I cut this little piece on my Cricut to give it a base:





Punch a few border strips using any type of punch--these are EK. One border strip is just more paper from my old book. The other pattern papers are from Jillibean Soup.




Add a rub on sentiment from this Basic Grey set. I chose the round one to mimic the round base I made but all these sentiments in this set are cool.











And here's a side view. I love the dimension of the 8 layers. Obviously, this would not be a card you could mail, but would work beautifully if you tucked it in a gift bag or left it on someone's desk. Now go make some flowers!!










2leep.com